Scrap Factory Expanaion Packs

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

PRINT AND CUT ( I never gave up (but neally !)) glad I didn't

This week (week 9) on the Zing adventure  
I was determined that i was going to get the print and cut working 
how I want it too (having tried back the first week i had the 
zing but was not 100% sure of it )
So revisiting this week I can not say went perfect first off .I knew I had 
done something really simple wrong and i was not getting a good result.
Skat kat told me to make sure I have done the  Resolution Calibration
page 31 of manual. I had not done this, so I went and did this 
and IT WORKED it made calibrating the print and cut work.
As you can see I ended up with 4 times more tryout arrows 
than I should have.
SO BEST TIP do 2.12 Resolution Calibration FIRST

Lots of arrows  but did not want to waste them so i glued them together 
to use in a later project
Once I was near to perfect (I did say near). I then started cutting out 
printed images  
got it down to  perfect  (key is DON'T GIVE UP it is worth it 
in the end) and i used all the other robots and glued them together 
to make them look like a chipboard robot putting the perfect one on
top


Then I was able to build my own coloured images in make the cut 
and print and cut   YEAH
But I did not want to stop there i wanted to be able to print 
and cut anything. I happened upon a pdf with all the instructions
that could help me do this 
HERE if you have not been go there.
YEAH YEAH  this is what I wanted to do.
So I went into the Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 program I have 
(have you heard of it is a wonderful addition for any papercrafter HERE)
So what i did is made up a tile first one i used the feathers tile to make it 
and then i took that tile to inkscape and made a shadow for it before 
putting into make the cut for first printing and then cutting 
(I had some errors which i will show what i had to do at the end)
making the till 4" , 3.5", 3" and 2.5" and layed with foam tape




 then i tried a flower kaleidoscope and made another 
this time i took to inkscape and made the shadow for it there 


Now with my love of stamping weather is be with rubber and inkpad
or digital and being able to add the colour with my copic markers 
I thought next I would try my frog i drew that i used on my tshirt last week
(learnt the same lesson when cutting after printing if i want the white shaddown all 
around Read on will show that tip i learnt)
One of the things i love is teabag stamps  and with having 
to cut 8 images to make a medalion that was the next thing I 
wanted to try so i used that same frog and made it into a teabag image
(put the big frog on a action wobble)


TIPS /Lessons
Then I learnt that you had to do the same when you were 
a shadow around it 
Below is the marks with just the print 
(flush up against the frog outline)
But after printing and turning the print off and the cut on
you will find that the marks move out flush up against the 
shadow.
SO what you do is have a layer with the basic shape on it 
out from each side  and have it turned on for both
HOPE this helps and that you don't have all the trial and 
errors I had while making these for the first time


BIG TIP   
DON'T GIVE UP ON CALIBRATING print and cut 
it is WELL WORTH Playing with

I am of to explore some more.
 If you live in Australia and New Zealand 
and wondering where you can get a KNK Zing 
SKAT KAT  is the place to find them

1 comment:

Jeanie / Kaleidoscope Collections said...

I am certainly glad you didn't give up. Your results are very much worth the trial and error that you went through. I love what you created with Kaleidoscope Kreator! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)